LOL DO THIS THING
Tag, you're it!
Here are the rules:
Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people . Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag backs.
1. I am the most quiet person - i’ve won votings twice. once in high school and once in my freshmen dorm floor. People have to work to listen to my stories.
2. I like to dance alot but i’ve spent the most part of my life not dancing in front of people. At home though, my sisters think i’m weird when i dance in front of them because it’s always at random moments.
3. I get impatient alot and complain about alot of things that would be better served by coming up with a solution instead of a complaint. I don’t express silver linings.
4. I don’t exactly know what im good at.
5. I like people who can go long periods of time without seeing me and still feel comfortable and glad to see me. Nothing too demanding.
6. I can teach people how to swim and i think it’s a life skill to know how. 75% of the world is water; it would be sad to not know how to enjoy and bask in it. Water is essential to life. Don’t let it be a fear.
7. I want to learn how to surf but i honestly don’t know when or where that opportunity will come up. If i move to Hawaii, which i want to do one day, then i promise myself right now to go out and learn. That’s it tumblr. Bind me to my words.
8. I can waste vasts amounts of my own time but i have low patience for other people wasting my time.
“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief…and unspeakable love.”—Washington Irving
idk how teachers of young children hold their patience for so long. i used to do it in sporadic periods but til recently when i started teaching again i forgot how hard it is to get them to follow directions without getting distracted every 5 minutes. God bless our daycare and preschool teachers who prevail with patience.
Save 20% off Beauty.com and an ADDITIONAL 12% off!!!
Beauty.com is offering 20% off your purchase. They sell brands like Stila and NARS. Their friends and family sale ends tomorrow. However, if you access it through ebates, you’ll receive a rebate of 12% back from your purchase, in additional to the 20% off. So you can save a total of 32% off your purchase! Good time to try expensive brands, cheaper (ahem NARS blushes).
“Ever notice how the women in Cosmopolitan magazine so often look like they’re a hair’s breath from an orgasm? This goes for the ads as well as the editorials. Have you ever wondered: hmm, isn’t it sort of weird that a women’s magazine that is itself sold to women and is simultaneously trying to sell things to women should be filled with other women staring out of the pages making the kinds of dull-witted sexyfaces you’d expect them to be making at men whose attentions they were seeking? Why are women being instructed to look at women who are ostensibly looking at invisible men? The magazine is showing you women via the male gaze. The magazine is also training you to see yourself via the male gaze, and to put more currency in how you look to the outside observer, or how you look in a mirror, as opposed to how you look at the world, as a person seeing. The message is that women don’t see; they are only seen. You want a man? You wear these clothes, stand in this posture, make this sexyface: these are the symbols of the straight female. In a heteronormative, male-driven world, this what it means to be beautiful, or at least sexually available.”—Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Breaking the Male Gaze | Fatshionista (via knospen, curvesahead) (via hatari) (via somerset) (via loveyourchaos)
Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory (Feat. Clarence Clemons of the E-Street Band)
Everything about this song is fucking GLORIOUS. The big thunderous beat, the strong vocals, and the amazing saxophone solo by Clarence Clemons.
I remember reading an interview with Lady Gaga where she mentioned that this song was inspired by her grandfather who passed away last fall. I was expecting it to be sad, but it actually turned out to have a complete opposite vibe. The song is not about mourning death, but rather, celebrating life’s finest moments with someone special. Its truly beautiful in every sense of the word.
Of all the songs Gaga has released from Born This Way, this one is probably my favorite, and I would even rank it among one of her best songs ever.
another one, really? i cant sleep tonight.. if want to pass my exams tomorrow. i have 2 cumulative ones at 9am and 2pm. one is oral and that’s the one i am dreading the most because you look like a fool if it looks like you havent studied. at least on paper, no one knows how bad you did unless you tell them.
“Tonight I can report to the American people and to the world, that the United States has conducted an operation that has killed Osama bin Laden — the leader of al-Qaeda and a terrorist who is responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.”—President Barack Obama. (via thedailywhat)